Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Pajoutfit (PUH-jowt-fit)

A Poem on Unidentifiable Clothing
by Thomas Eilers Copeland

Am I wearing an outfit
Or pajamas?

Nobody knows,
Not even my Mama.

She hadn't done laundry and was running amok
And then found this in my closet, 
Talk about sheer luck!

Then off to Candice's we hastily sped,
And when Mommy dropped me off she thought
"Is he dressed for bed?"

Nobody is quite sure, 
And nobody knows,
But I think these things may be my bed clothes. 

So at the end of the day, in my back yard I happily sit,
Knowing that Mom invented the very first ever....
Pajoutfit.

2 comments:

K.O. said...

Oh how CUTE! I love all the green in these pics--TE's clothes, the grass--all so Spring-ish! Plus I can tell he's getting old enough to have a little personality now. (Soon he'll be penning great poetic verse like his momma, who's a real Emily Dickenson.) Pajamas, outfit, whatever--TE can pull off anything! Work it, boy.

ben, luke, and sam said...

yeah for new blogs!!! even though we get to see you weekly (usually) i still love to check out the pics and read your stories. hilarious, as usual. especially love the poem. :)

- rachel m