Friday, February 22, 2008

First Week Apart

I returned to work on Tuesday after almost 8 weeks of maternity leave.  On the way to Candice's (Thomas' daycare provider), I did get a little teary eyed.  Then I thought of Thomas having one of his meltdowns and stopped feeling so bad.  
All day at work I missed Thomas & couldn't wait for 5pm.  If you were on Mopac at that time, I was the maniac in the black Pathfinder.  When I picked up Thomas he was calm and happy, which was completely unexpected.  When he was with me, he was a wreck by 5:30 (as was I).  TR thinks that he was SO bad during the day that Candice gave him some 'special' milk.  I think he finally felt comfortable since he was with someone who knew what they were doing.  He's the same way with his grandparents, Uncle Michael, Beth, Michelle, Robyn...pretty much everyone but us.  Go figure.    
The rest of the week has been pretty much the same.  He's a calm sweet baby when we pick him up after work.  We did have a rough night on Wednesday.  TE decided that he wanted to pull an all-nighter.  TR didn't get any sleep, I got some but it wasn't that good.  Thursday morning I was kind of happy to hand the tyrant over to Candice to work her magic.  
We're all looking forward to our weekend together.  Since TE is starting to smile and make happy noises my new favorite hobby is to watch him do his baby thing.  It's nice to know that his vocal chords have a setting other than ear-piercing cry. 

No comments: