Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Moon in the Morning

This is TE all dressed and ready for his two-month doctor's visit.  There wasn't any time to do a wardrobe change if he did one of those 'belch up my breakfast on the way out the door' moves, hence the bib.  Notice how it is DIRECTLY below the spigot...I mean mouth.  That's right, I meant business. Come rain, sleet, snow or a stomach full of milk, we were NOT going to be late.  


The Pooh hat is really cute when it's on the right way (pulled down a bit more & with the little ears sticking up in the air).  
And yes, let's address the 400lb gorilla in the room...those jowls and the nice quadruple chin.  We're not 100% sure what he's packing in there, but it has been a while since we've seen the cat.

What you can't see in this picture, which I did NOT know about until we had him undressed at the doctor's office, is that his diaper is loose and his little plumber crack is on display.  By a little plumber crack I mean practically his whole bottom was hanging out in the breeze.  You can only imagine the moment of shame I had when the doctor turned him on his tummy and the moon came out.  I almost said "Well, we can tell that Daddy dressed you this morning", but caught myself before the words came out of my mouth.  That won't happen again.  The new rule is if you aren't at the doctor's office to defend yourself, you take all of the heat.  Sorry.

2 comments:

Beth Hames said...

Ha! That's hilarious. I remember one of the first times I took Jackson to the doctor and she asked me wear his hat was. (It was February.) I wanted to tell her that she was lucky we were both dressed and there on the right day!

uncle doug said...

Doreen, Don't worry what the doctor thinks..believe me we have seen it all!!! uncle doug