Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Sensory Overload

Given that TE likes to lay on the floor and wriggle his entire body while inspecting the room around him, I thought that he would LOVE one of those play mats with the dangly things.  I spent a lot of time imagining how much fun he would have kicking his little feet at the toys suspended above him while fixating on the bright colors & bold prints.  He would be in baby heaven - and I was going to be the one to make it happen.  

All week I looked forward to Saturday when I could go to the store and pick up his surprise gift.  I was absolutely convinced that he would think this play mat was the best toy EVER!!!

Boy was I wrong.

As you can tell, he can barely contain his excitement.  Heck, he's almost looking at the thing.  I fired up the music and blinking lights, but obviously some tinny sounding Mozart screeching out of a crappy speaker didn't cut it.  He didn't think the lights were anything special, either.

As a matter of fact, one could almost say all of the noise, blinking lights, dangly fuzzy things and bright colors are just a little scary.  Nope, this is not a fun time for TE at all.

GET ME OUT OF HERE BEFORE THAT GIRAFFE EATS MY BRAINS!!!!

Let me just say playtime ended in tears.  Evidently he likes the simple things: floor, receiving blanket, ceiling with fan.  

On the upside - he did look exceptionally cute the whole time in his little crocodile outfit.  Thanks Tanta! 

1 comment:

Josh said...

The other upside is that you can save your money for bigger toys for him later in life.. if he's anything like his dad, he'll want the iPhone version 10.0, 3D-HDTV Holographic projection screen, air-car, etc.